Green Card Government Filing Fees:

Adjustment of Status vs. Immigrant Visa Processing

The final step in the U.S. lawful permanent residence process (green card) generally involves either the filing of an Application for Adjustment of Status, or the filing of an application for an Immigrant Visa.

Individuals working in the U.S. under TN visa status need to carefully assess the potential impact the filing of these applications may have on their TN visa status, employment authorization, and travel authorization (among other issues). One consideration is the government filing fees associated with each process. The following charts provide a general overview of the government filing fees associated for employment and family-based green card applications.

Please note that government filing fees change frequently. Applicants should always refer to the applicable government agency (e.g. USCIS or DOS) prior to submitting any application fee.

Rev. April 11, 2012.