Consultation for TN Visa Denial
Citizens of Canada or Mexico who have received a denial of their TN visa application by U.S. immigration officials at the border, with USCIS, or at the U.S. Consulate, should consider our extensive TN visa denial consultation services.
Why Speak to an Attorney After a Denial?
- Where USCIS denies an individual's petition for an extension of TN visa status, the denial could result in a loss of U.S. immigration status and lead to potential immigration penalties or bars to the U.S.
- Where USCBP denies an individual's TN visa application at the border, at minimum the individual will face greater scrutiny when subsequently seeking entry to the U.S. and could be denied entry.
- Attempting to address a TN visa denial without an attorney may increase your chances of receiving a second denial, which may irreparably damage your chance of obtaining a TN for your prospective job offer.
Issues Discussed During Consult
|• Review of complete TN visa application including I-129 / DS-160 application, Employer Support Letter, Reference Letter(s), and Education Evaluation(s).||• Review of denial forms including: USCIS Form I-292; USCBP Forms I-275, I-877, and I-296; DOS Letters 214(b) and 221(g).||• If re-filing, does the application have to be filed with the same office that denied the initial application?|
|• Was the denial appropriate or did the officer misunderstand the facts of the case or make a mistake in applying the law?||• Is re-filing the application an option, and if so, what are the risks?||• What are the potential options under the TN visa or other non-immigrant visa classification?|
|• What are the ramifications of the denial, and how does it affect subsequent travel to the U.S.?||• Can the decision be overturned? How difficult will it be?||• Does the application have to be filed with the same office that denied the prior application?|
|• How can I avoid being denied again?||• If I abandon my TN visa efforts, can I still travel to the U.S. as a visitor?||• Is a waiver required to overcome any grounds of inadmissibility?|
TN Visa Denial Consult Fee
A legal fee quote for any additional services will be provided after the consultation. Request a consult by completing our form or calling 716.881.2600.
Scope of Consult
- Drafting, revising, or assisting with the preparation of documents or forms for a visa application.
- Contacting U.S. immigration officers to learn more about the case, or to attempt to resolve any immigration issues.