Immigrant Visa Numbers for December 2007 –
First Preference: All areas current.
- All Chargeability Areas, Mexico, and the Philippines are Current.
- China-mainland born has a cut-off date of Jan. 1, 2003.
- India has a cut-off date of Jan. 1, 2002.
- All Chargeability Areas has a cut-off date of Sept. 1, 2002.
- China-mainland born has cut-off date of Oct. 15, 2001.
- India has a cut-off date of May 1, 2001.
- Mexico has a cut-off date of April 22, 2001.
- The Philippines has a cut-off date of Sept. 1, 2002.
Individuals with priority dates within the above cut-off dates may now start the last stage of the green card process (adjustment of status or immigrant visa processing).
Immigrant Visa Availability during the Coming Months –
The DOS provided the following projections based on the demand patterns currently being experienced. Noting that fluctuations in demand could alter these projections at any time, the DOS warned that they should only be used as a guideline of what might occur.
Worldwide and Philippines:
- First: Will remain “Current”
- Second: Will remain “Current”
- Third: Slow forward movement should be possible while demand patterns are established.
- Third “Other Workers” (All Countries): Little if any forward movement is expected at this time. Should the current demand pattern continue, it may be necessary to retrogress the cut-off date at some point later in the fiscal year.
CHINA-mainland born and INDIA:
- First: Continued heavy demand may require the establishment of a cut-off date at some point during the fiscal year.
- Second: Demand during October and the first week of November has already used over 38 percent of the annual limit. It is hoped that the December retrogressions will return monthly number use within the target range. If not, further retrogressions cannot be ruled out.
Read the complete December 2007 Visa Bulletin.