Consultation for TN Visa
Citizens of Canada and Mexico interested in learning more about their U.S. immigration options under TN visa status should consider our extensive consultation services. We are also available to advise employers on whether a job candidate is eligible for TN visa status and on the process of hiring a TN visa worker.
What Does the Consult Involve?
The typical format of a consultation consists of:
- Fact gathering / discussion of background, credentials, immigration history, etc.
- An overview of U.S. immigration followed by an outline of the TN visa classification.
- An analysis of the individual's eligibility for TN visa status, potential issues, filing procedures, etc.
- Questions & Answers
- Fee quote for any proposed TN visa services
Issues Discussed During Consult
|• Review of immigration history, credentials, job offer, and short-term / long-term objectives.||• Verification that the individual is not inadmissible to the U.S. and as result ineligible for TN visa status.||• Explanation of basic U.S. immigration system: family vs. employment; non-immigrant vs. immigrant. Introduction to NAFTA and the TN visa.|
|• Analysis and discussion on whether the job offer falls under one of the TN visa occupational categories.||• Analysis and discussion on whether credentials meet the requirements for the TN visa occupational category.||• Review of potential issues, and recommendation to pursue TN visa, or alternative non-immigrant visa.|
|• Explanation of process and best practices for filing a TN visa application.||• Discussion of employer / recruiter obligations under U.S. immigration laws and NAFTA.||• Follow-up discussion with employee and/or employer.|
Basic Consultation Fee
A legal fee quote for any additional services will be provided after the consultation. Request a consult by completing our form or calling 716.881.2600.
Scope of Basic Consult
- Review and/or analysis of prior denials, immigration violations, other inadmissibility issues.
- Drafting, writing, revising, or assisting with the preparation of documents or forms for an immigration application.
- Contacting U.S. immigration authorities to discuss and or resolve issues or accompaniment to the border to present any application. Additional fees apply for these services.