Serotte Reich & Wilson, LLP - TN Visa Services
Consultation for TN Denials or Other Immigration Violations.
“The good lawyer is not the man who has an eye to every side and angle of contingency, and qualifies all his qualifications, but who throws himself on your part so heartily, that he can get you out of a scrape.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
CBP has Denied My TN Application. What now?
Think twice before you try and re-present a previously denied TN application without counsel. Attempting to address your TN denial in this manner may increase your chances of receiving a second denial and may irreparably damage your chance of obtaining a TN for your prospective job offer. We strongly recommend that previously denied TN applicants seek a consultation with a U.S. immigration attorney before going back to the border to re-present the application.
As border practitioners, SRW possesses invaluable relationships with the border officials. Our services include determining why a TN application was denied and evaluating as to whether the case is strong enough to be rehabilitated at the border. We will engage in a bona fide negotiation to get to the heart of the matter and see where additional efforts can best be used. Often times, this rehabilitation process can lead to the desired result.
Be Mindful of the Obstacles to Overcome:
Here are just some of the adversities faced in re-presenting a previously denied TN application:
- CBP will be automatically suspect of a returning applicant for a TN and will review your case with heightened scrutiny.
- CBP officers are often very reluctant to overturn another officer’s determination denying a TN application.
- You must now overcome credibility issues where TN categories have been changed, job duties altered, or terms and condition of employment have been changed.
- In the worst case scenario, CBP may allege fraud or misrepresentation at the slightest provocation. These charges can lead to a bar from entering the U.S. in the future.
It is important that a second TN application properly address any shortcomings of the initial TN application and that illegitimate grounds for the denial are pointed out and corrected. After one denial, CBP will automatically suspect a subsequent TN application and may allege that you have “changed your story” so that you can obtain a TN. Do not burden yourself with a second TN denial. If your application is denied a second time, you may lose all credibility at the border and you may not be able to rehabilitate the case. As consequence, you may lose an important job opportunity.
Consider our TN Denial Consultation Services:
Before you go back the border or pre-flight inspection to submit your TN application, consider utilizing our TN Denial Consultation services, which in addition to our basic consultation services, includes the following services:
- Review of your complete TN application including Employer Support Letters, Reference Letters, and Education Evaluations.
- Review of any documents issued by CBP such as Form I-275, Withdrawal of Application for Admission; Form I-877, Record of Sworn Statement in Administrative Proceedings; and Form I-296, Notice to Alien Ordered Removed / Departure Verification.
- Review of any alleged grounds of inadmissibility such as unlawful presence, crimes involving moral turpitude, or fraud or misrepresentation.
- We will then provide an opinion on whether CBP had a legitimate reason to deny the TN application.
TN Denial Consultation Fee:
Our fee for a TN Denial Consultation is $300 (to be paid in advance of the consult). In the event you decide to retain our firm to prepare your application or perform any additional legal services, the consult fee may be credited toward your legal bill. A legal fee quote for any additional services will be provided atfer the consultation. Request a consult by completing our form or calling 1.716.854.7525.
Services NOT included in TN Denial Consultation:*
Please note that this consultation service only involves the services described above. The consultation does not include:
- Drafting, writing, revising, or assiting with the preparation of documents or forms for an immigration application.
- Contacting U.S. immigration authorities to discuss and or reslove issues or accompaniment to the border to present any application.
*Additional fees apply for these services. Read about our additional TN Visa application services.